From about 1820 North Malvern rapidly grew, with large numbers of small cottages springing up for the increasing number or labourers, quarry workers and tradesmen. North Malvern lay beyond the ‘class conscious’ attitudes of the Foleys who were responsible for the gentile growth of Great Malvern, and therefore trades and the quarrying industryflourished. Initially the area provided cheap rooms for visitors, but with increasing quarry development and the resultant noisy workings and rowdy public houses, these visitors went elsewhere.
Further from the hill, with the selling off of land at the turn of the Century belonging to the Hornyolds, houses were built to meet the need of the expanding middle class. The church, located at Link Top, the southern end of the parish was built in 1850 to 1851 by Samuel Dawkes of Cheltenham. It was enlarged in 1872 by George and Henry Haddon. It is built in the Early English style of Malvern stone quarried nearby with clerestory windows and a turret and short spire.