Church of the Ascension, Newtown

During the late 19th Century, Newtown, the area between Malvern Link and North Malvern was extensively developed. In 1903, the Church of the Ascension was built by Walter Tapper, an Arts and Crafts architect in the Early English style.

Click to enlargeInterior of the Church of the Ascension, circa 1930

Location

Get Directions

The Memorial

The memorial is a simple framed list of the men of the parish who were killed in the Great War – all are also commemorated at the mother church, St Matthias.

WW1 Memorial

George Haughton

George Haughton

893/830090

South Midland Heavy Brigade

KIA Flanders 18/8/17

Currently No Image For This Man

Herbert Pratt

Royal Navy

29/1/17