St Leonard Church, Newland

In 1981, the three ecclesiastical parishes of Guarlford, Madresfield and Newland were put under the care of one priest in charge. Then, in 1999, the three parishes were united to form a single parish with two parish churches – Guarlford and Madresfield. At the same time, this new parish was linked with the parish of Powick to form a united Benefice with one incumbant.

So the former parish church of St. Leonard’s, Newland, was declared redundant by the diocese, and the church is now the private Chapel of the Beauchamp Community – administered and cared for by its trustees.

St. Leonard's, Newland
Newland Memorial

Location

Get Directions

WW1 Memorial

Capbadge of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force

Albert James Frederick Berry

New Zealand Rifle Brigade

KIA Flanders 12/10/1917

Capbadge of the Notts & Derby Regiment (Sherwood Foresters)

Ernest Bird

28901

Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire Regiment

KIA France 3/9/1916

Currently No Image For This Man

Harry C. Evans

Capbadge of the 2nd London Regiment (Royal Fusilers)

Reginald Arthur James

24301

The Royal Fusiliers

KIA France 12/12/1917

Capbadge of the Royal Artillery

Albert Edward Rea

2052 / 830257

Royal Field Artillery

KIA Flanders 9/10/1917

William Russell

24788

Liverpool Regiment

KIA Flanders 31/7/1917

Capbadge of the Worcestershire Regiment

Henry Stride

30059

The Worcestershire Regiment

KIA France 21/5/1917