The cemetery in which Albert Potter was buried took its name from a dressing station on the north-western edge of Ploegsteert Wood, Red Lodge, another dressing station also used the cemetery. The cemetery was begun in June 1917 and used until January 1918. It fell into German hands in the spring of 1918, when it was used under the name of “The Military Cemetery at the foot of the Nightingale Hill”. The cemetery was recovered in September 1918 and used again for Commonwealth burials until October.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission